Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gotta love Thursdays!

Thursday is my day to play hookie! And what a day today is shaping up to be! I spent the morning pressing, measuring, primping and finally taking pictures for my new Etsy shop. Yeah, another shop at Etsy. I have learned a few things so far on Etsy and this new shop is hopefully going to be a better or more inclusive reflection of me.

When I first thought about opening a shop there I read in the FAQs and How Tos all the various suggestions and advice they offered. Of course I took their advice and named my shop according to their suggestions. They recommend a name that reflects the type of items you will sell in your shop and therefore I came up with ReduxPapers because I planned on selling reused repurposed paper in various incarnations. Fast forward a few months and I don't want to only list my paper escapades. I love so many arts and crafts that I just can't be held down to just paper!

Enter "HandAnd HeartWorks". All works of my hand straight from my heart! So I might list my hand woven boucle' scarves or maybe a hand knit one now and then. I have a few woven bags and pouches that should finish up nicely too. There will be reused and repurposed vintage linens that will find new lives. I'm actually pretty excited about both shops now. My stash in the work room holds more than just paper and now I can follow whatever creative moment that strikes!


The other creative moment that struck this morning was Banana Bread! My favorite is this whole wheat recipe out of an old Sunset Quick Breads book. So I think it is time for a cup of tea and a slice of heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment